Recent Beauty Buys

31 Aug 2016

I received a late birthday present from my auntie and thought I would share it with you along with a recent beauty purchase I made as the products were too pretty that it would be a crime not to photograph them. I haven't purchased any make up myself for a while as I've tried to cut down and use up the products I already own first, instead focusing more on skincare as I'm desperate to find a routine that suits me, but it's always nice to receive make up as a gift.

Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief Starting with the product I purchased myself, I completely ran out of my previous daily moisturiser (Estée Lauder Daywear) and wanted to try something different as I wasn't overly impressed with it. I'd heard about Clinique Moisture Surge as it seems to be a classic moisturiser loved by many. I've been using it for around 2 weeks now and I'm really enjoying the gel texture which rids my skin of any dry patches and is a great base before applying make up. 

Bobbi Brown Brightening Brick (Pink) - I was so excited when I received this from my auntie as I always admire Bobbi Brown's Shimmer Bricks and Brightening Bricks. I've used this a couple of times now and it gives the cheeks a gorgeous pink healthy glow which isn't too shimmery. I'd recommend this to any blusher lover - if you're on a budget I believe Revlon do something similar.

Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara - This was such a timely item to receive as I just came to the end of my Charlotte Tilbury Full Fat Lashes Mascara and I actually find the products fairly similar to each other. This mascara volumises and lengthens the lashes well without clumping and manages to hold a curl for a reasonably long time considering my lashes are very long and straight. 

Bobbi Brown Lipstick (Sandwash Pink) - I can tell that this will become one of my go-to lipsticks as the beige pink colour has the perfect balance of brown and pink tones for my skin. I haven't had a Bobbi Brown lipstick before but the semi-matte formula is lovely and lasts hours when paired with a MAC lipliner. I've been pairing it with Soar for an everyday nude colour which goes with any eye looks.

What beauty products have you recently purchased?  If you'd like me to review any of the products mentioned in full, do let me know!


Post a Comment

© Freya Ella. Design by FCD.