By Terry Ombre Blackstar Review

3 Aug 2016

Picture this: I am sat outside Sephora in Paris waiting patiently for it to open, having never visited before. Ok, perhaps not so patiently when the doors didn't open at exactly 10am. First through the doors, I didn't hesitate to pick up a basket and instantly became enthralled by the store and all it's make-up glory. I've longed to visit Sephora for a while now but never quite anticipated it to be that good. Though it's easy to get carried away, I thoroughly enjoyed the shopping experience which lacked all of the pushy and often intimidating sales assistants commonly found on beauty counters in the UK, instead allowing you to access individual counters and try/pick up products on your own without any assistance. 

After filling my basket with Sephora own-brands items I found myself at the By Terry counter. I had heard of the Ombre Blackstar eyeshadow sticks before (they are available in the UK and highly popular) but was never tempted to purchase mainly due to the hefty price tag. After swatching multiple colours on my hand, though, I was instantly sold and had to treat myself.


I'm a lover of eyeshadow and I wear it everyday but I was skeptical whether I would like this or not as I've never been overly impressed with an eyeshadow stick before. However, the formulation of this product is amazing - creamy, highly pigmented and extremely easy to blend aka everything you could ask for from an eyeshadow. I chose the colour 'Misty Rock', a shimmery taupe/purple colour which really compliments green eyes and can work for day or night depending on how much you apply. I simply swirl it all over the lid, blend with a fluffy brush then take a little bit underneath the bottom lash line and voilĂ , eye look complete! It's so simple I even used it on the train when I was running late one morning. It lasts throughout the day as well, with no smudging or fading.

Though these come at £29 a pop, I would highly recommend the By Terry Ombre Blackstars as you get a lot of product and they are extremely wearable meaning they're worth the luxury price tag. There are so many beautiful shades in the range too, so there's something for everybody - I have my eye on 'Blond Opal' and 'Frozen Quartz' next...

What are your favourite eyeshadow sticks? Have you tried any cheaper alternatives? 



2 comments

  1. i love the by terry ombré black stars. they stay on for days and are the perfect lazy day product. misty rock is also my favourite colour.


    loovelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© Freya Ella. Design by FCD.