Mermaid-ing Around in London

8 Aug 2016

When you come across a giant shell at the V&A museum you can't help thinking it would be the perfect photo opportunity. You know the drill, pretending to be a mermaid for an Instagram photo and the like. I thought I would share the photos from my day here too as I had a fab time catching up with a couple of my friends from uni after 2 months apart. 

Dress - Brandy Melville / Shoes - Converse / Sunglasses - Urban Outfitters

We've been graced with some actual summer weather in England recently and fortunately for us it was a perfect day to stroll around London while soaking up the sun. I wore one of my all-time favourite summer dresses from Brandy Melville which is super easy to throw on as it's so light and floaty. They have some of the nicest prints and shapes, I'm desperate to get some more. Converse are also my go-to summer shoes as they can be paired with everything and oversized sunglasses are an absolute necessity, of course. 


We began our day by visiting the Undressed exhibition at the V&A which focused on lingerie through the ages. It was very insightful and I highly recommend visiting (it closes mid-March next year) if you're interested in fashion. There were some incredible creations from the likes of Jean Paul Gaultier, Stella McCartney and Agent Provocateur showcased and most of all I couldn't believe how tiny some of the corsets were. If you can, visit on a Tuesday to get £5 entry. Afterwards we headed to Le Pain Quotidien on Exhibition Road for some lunch where I had an iced mocha with avocado on toast. It's such a beautiful area of Kensington where you can snap some great Instagram photos. We finished the day by walking up Brompton Road to browse in Harrods before walking to Sloane Square. I haven't spent a day in the Kensington/Chelsea area for ages and I forgot just how nice it was.

Have you seen any exhibitions lately? I'd love to know any recommendations of what to see next!

Outfit Photography: Aya Oguri

Follow

4 comments

  1. That sounds like such an interesting exhibition! I would love to be able to see it, and the price sounds pretty reasonable. Your shell pictures are so cute, haha! It sounds like you had a fantastic day :)

    Erin | Explore, Refresh

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is interesting. Thanks!
    Good vibes, FOX
    check out my blog www.rochellefox.com.au and my latest VLOG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely dress Darling!

    Xx
    www.4evajessie.com

    ReplyDelete

© Freya Ella. Design by FCD.