London Fashion Week Favourites: AW17

22 Feb 2017

It's become more and more evident over the years that I am more of a New York Fashion Week kind of girl in comparison to London. It's not that I dislike the London collections, I love the amount of innovation and creativity involved and some of the designers who show on schedule are among my favourites, but I feel like the collections shown in New York generally resonate with my personal style more strongly. I try to narrow my fashion week favourites posts down to collections that really enchant and excite me upon first look, otherwise I would be here for hours listing those that I simply liked, and it is much easier for me to do so with London Fashion Week. So, without further ado these are the few AW17 collections that stood out to me:

D A K S
The Daks AW17 collection fuses strong menswear influences with pretty florals and delicate lace. Tailoring to suit anybody's preference, there was a variety of pinstripes, herringbone and check print which look great co-ordinated or mix-and-matched. As someone who loves to incorporate typically masculine and feminine elements into my outfits, this collection is right up my street. Though I think the ties are a little too far for me personally, it's nice to see more workwear-appropriate collections on the catwalk for women who are sick of the often-boring options on the high street and seek some fashionable inspiration.

T O P S H O P  U N I Q U E
As one of the more accessible brands showing at London Fashion Week, Topshop Unique's collections are always wearable without sacrificing creativity. This season I loved the subtle contrasts created through the pairing of graphic sweaters with delicate, floaty florals and hoodies layered with smart shirting. Demonstrating how to inject colour and texture into your wardrobe in the way of soft silks in muted tones or vinyl mini skirts for those more daring, Topshop know how to cater to the style preferences of every fashion-obsessed Millennial. 

T E M P E R L E Y  L O N D O N
After interning with the brand I think Temperley London collections will always hold a special place in my heart but I truly love the designs regardless of any bias I may have. I am obsessed with this season's embroidered lips paired with sheer panelling, adding edge to the feminine silhouettes, as well as that pink velvet jumpsuit which screams opulence. The AW17 collection doesn't disappoint in terms of sequin and embellishment either, satisfying all of my cravings for sparkle; my favourite eveningwear pieces include the black 40's inspired embellished dress and the gold sequin halter-neck dress.

B U R B E R R Y 
Not technically an AW17 collection, as the brand has opted for the "see-now, buy-now" seasonless format, but I thought it was appropriate to include under this post as Burberry still shows alongside the designers following the traditional calendar. And as one of my favourites, I could hardly go without mentioning it due to that small reason. As expected the outwear is top notch, complimented by a neutral colour palette of black, white, camel and navy blue. My favourite aspect of this season's collection, though, was the variety of shirting: with lace accents, ruffles, layered with knitwear or peeking out from underneath sweaters for a more casual look.

As with my NYFW post, I thought I would also give a special mention to the collections shown by Preen, JW Anderson, Antonio Beradi and Anya Hindmarch which are worth checking out too.

What were your favourite shows at London Fashion Week this season?

2 comments

  1. Loved this - I need some Daks in my wardrobe ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sameee! That trench with the leather accents would be ideal

      Delete

© Freya Ella. Design by FCD.