BAFTA Awards 2015 Best Dressed

10 Feb 2015

What I love most about the awards season is being able to scroll through all of the photos of the dresses on Vogue and see what all the celebrities wore to the event they attended. Sunday night I saw that the British Academy Film Awards were on TV and my Twitter feed was filled with photos of it so I thought that I would share some of my favourite dresses with you instead of silently judging them by myself.



After seeing Rosamund Pike's amazing acting skills in the film Gone Girl I have become a fan of hers and although some may think it very simple I think pairing this fitted Roland Mouret dress with understated jewellery made her look extremely sophisticated and was much better than her recent Golden Globes choice.


Slightly more daring than Rosamund's look, Lea Seydoux wore this yellow Prada gown which looked incredible paired with red lipstick - a combination I would never image to work. She looked gorgeous and a bright dress is refreshing to see in February compared many of the darker shades chosen by other celebrities.


Amy Adams' Lanvin dress was the perfect choice to flatter her figure and the sleek hairstyle just adds even more elegance to the look. I love the embellishment around the waist but I am not the biggest fan of the tassels which don't fit in as well. Overall I think she looked amazing though.


Finally, how can you not love Dior Couture? I particularly like the contrast of the black against the pastel pink/lilac on this dress worn by Felicity Jones and think it works really well, adding a bit of edge to the gown, whilst it still manages to be girly because of the small flowers. The smokey eye and the pink lips match perfectly with her outfit. 

All of my favourite picks went for completely different looks but in my opinion these were some of the best dressed actresses on the night whereas others were more questionable... I will leave that for you to judge though.

Post a Comment

© Freya Ella. Design by FCD.