Paris, France

Paris Travel Guide Part II: Where to Shop

13 Aug 2017


For the second instalment of my Paris Travel Guide (see Part One here) I wanted to cover my favourite places to shop in the city. There is so much to do in Paris besides shopping but when there are so many great stores you just can't resist. It is one of the major fashion cities, after all. The beauty of Paris is that you come across so many different independent boutiques when you're exploring but you're also never far from well-known high-end brands or high-street stores either. To narrow it down, I've outlined my personal favourite areas, streets and stores to shop from in the city. 



L E  M A R A I S
If you want to spend a day wandering around while browsing the shops and stopping for coffees, Le Marais is the place to go. Along with the many independent boutiques (Merci is a must-visit for clothing and cute Parisian souvenirs), there is a variety of high-street (check out Scandi brand Weekday for quality wardrobe staples) and high-end stores (Chanel on Rue des Francs Bourgeois has the perfect courtyard for a winning Instagram snap). Streets not to miss are Boulevard Beaumarchais, Rue de Turenne and Rue Vieille du Temple. If you get tired, take a break and sit by the fountain in Place des Vosges.  

R U E  S A I N T - H O N O R É
Rue Saint-Honoré is one of my favourite streets in Paris since it houses many designer stores (Chloe, Stella McCartney and Alexander McQueen to name a few) alongside more purse-friendly options like & Other Stories and Zara all in one place. Colette, one of the most famous boutiques in the fashion world and one of the best in Paris, is one not to be missed here - go before it closes down at the end of the year. Though this is a renowned shopping street, it is never as busy as the Champs-Élysées, making it my preferred choice.


G A L E R I E S  L A F A Y E T T E 
Department store lovers can't visit Paris without going to Galeries Lafayette. Situated on Boulevard Haussmann, not only does it have beautiful architectural features inside but also stocks all of the top brands and more with great selections from each. The rooftop also boasts great views of the city and is free, unless you fancy staying a little longer on a sunny day and enjoying a 16€ cocktail in the bar. There really isn't anything this place doesn't offer. 

S A I  N T - G E R M A I N - D E S - P R É S 
If you want a quieter, more relaxed shopping experience which makes you feel more like a local then I would recommend heading to Saint Germain. There are plenty of shops dotted around (including a two-storey Brandy Melville on Rue de Rennes) and it is a lot less hectic than the more popular shopping areas. After, you can enjoy a well-deserved rest in the scenic Luxembourg Gardens. 

C H A M P S - É L Y S É E S
I couldn't talk shopping without mentioning the Champs-Élysées. If you aren't familiar, I would compare it to the likes of Regent Street in London. It's not typically the shopping experience I crave but if you go earlier in the morning you'll avoid the masses and there really is every major retailer you could want here. The Sephora is insane and I urge you to take a look if you're a beauty junkie, even if it's the only place you visit on the street.

Stay tuned for the final instalment of my Paris Travel Guide, all about where to eat in the city, and don't forget to check out Part One: What To See in case you missed it.

Where are your favourite places to shop in Paris?

Post a Comment

© Freya Ella. Design by FCD.