Recent Buys: Topshop, Boots, Zara, & New Look

8 Mar 2015

Though I haven't been shopping too much lately I thought I would share some clothing and make up I have bought over the past month or so. I really want to refresh my wardrobe a bit so I can't wait until I find more time to search the shops for some new staple pieces (and have the money to do so...)


First up is this cream blush from Topshop in the shade 'Head Over Heels' (£7) which I actually got free from the vending machine that was in Topshop's Oxford Circus store during LFW. Although the blush looks quite scary because it's a bright coral colour, when you apply it to the cheeks lightly with your fingertip it gives a nice flush of colour to the skin with a radiant finish. I think this will be the perfect blush shade for summer.




Another free product I got from the vending machine was the Topshop nail polish in the colour 'AWOL' (£5) which is a bright electric blue colour. I don't usually go for blue nail polishes but I actually really like this one and think it will be a fun pop of colour when I wear it.


After trying a sample of this Rimmel Lasting Finish 25hr Nude foundation (£7.99) I like the finish and wear of it on my skin so I decided that I would go and purchase it from Boots. Unfortunately I picked up a shade that is too light for me (which never happens usually!), 010 Light Porcelain, so if it doesn't match anybody I know's skin I will probably still end up using it and either mix it with another or add some colour to my face with bronzer. The foundation itself doesn't cling to dry skin and provides a nice medium coverage that looks natural yet covers up any bad patches. 


A few weeks ago when I was in London for the Pure tradeshow my friends and I couldn't resist popping into Zara afterwards. When I was there I spotted this striped dress (£17.99) in the TRF section. I'm a sucker for anything with stripes, especially when it's black and white, because I think they're extremely versatile and never go out of fashion. The style of this dress is quite different from others that I had and I think it can easily be dressed up or down so I figured I could justify buying it.


The final product I have purchased most recently that is extremely difficult to picture draped on the hanger is this denim shirt dress from New Look (£24.99). I was browsing on ASOS at shirt dresses and came across this one and thought it would be a really great piece to just throw on with some ankle boots when the weather gets a bit warmer. The tie around the waist makes it look more flattering on and as I keep seeing different denim items (jumpsuits, dresses, shirts) everywhere again right now I thought I might as well get it. I can't wait to wear this and I know my friends at uni really want to see me style it too. Definitely take a look at the photos on the New Look website as my photo doesn't give it much justice! 

I hope you've enjoyed looking at what I recently purchased and make sure you tell me if you'd like to see either of the dresses on and how I'd style them and I could do a post on that possibly. 

Post a Comment

© Freya Ella. Design by FCD.