YSL Touche Éclat Review

10 Jun 2016

The YSL Touche Éclat concealer/highlighting pen hybrid is an iconic product in the beauty world. Despite hearing much about it over the past few years, it is only recently that I made the purchase. Why it took me so long? I don't know, but I'm thankful that YSL had 10% off that day otherwise this now-staple product of mine still wouldn't be in my make up bag. 

The main reasoning behind my purchase of this product was because, upon finishing my my second pot of the Bobbi Brown Corrector (read about it here), I felt like I needed a more hydrating product for my under-eye area. The products are similar in colour with peach undertones perfect for correcting dark circles - I have the shade 1 in YSL and Extra Light Bisque in Bobbi Brown - but the YSL Touche Éclat concealer is more of a liquid formula and therefore less drying to the skin. Applying the product after foundation with the brush applicator then blending/patting it in with fingers provides a seamless coverage of dark circles and instantly adds light and radiance to the face. I prefer this method rather than using a concealer brush to blend as it gives better coverage and is less likely to crease. After, you can apply a more heavy-duty concealer over the top to give increased coverage but I don't find this necessary on a daily basis and love the brightening look of the YSL alone. I simply add a bit of powder using a light hand to set it in place and increase the longevity so it lasts throughout the day. The product can also be used as a highlighter, though I haven't used it in this way yet, but absolutely shouldn't be used to cover blemishes.

I don't think I will be going back to the Bobbi Brown corrector after discovering the YSL Touche Éclat concealer, it really is worth all of the hype it gets and I now can't do my make up without it. As somebody who absolutely hates the look of their dark circles, this product 100% helps me feel so much better about them.

What is your favourite product for dealing with dark circles?

  


Post a Comment

© Freya Ella. Design by FCD.